Room & Venue Hire Launceston
Located on the ground floor of the TUU Building, the Parenting Room has changing facilities, a microwave oven, cot and chairs. It is a secure room which can be locked for privacy if needed.
This a newly created space where students can come together meet, study or just chill.
Facilities include a microwave oven, kitchenette, tea and coffee making facilities and university WIFI.
Located on the top floor of the TUU Building, the Boardroom is available to be booked by affiliated clubs and societies. The Boardroom seats 12 people comfortably. Advanced notice for bookings is essential please contact 03 6324 3757
If your Club or Society would like to book a Launceston Venue for an event, follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Check availability
- Email Janez Zagoda or call 6224 3777 and check the availability of the area, also outline the details of your event including day, time, what kind of event and if there is alcohol involved?
- In person, call into the Contact Centre – Top level of the TUU building
Step 2 - Permits
If your event involves alcohol
For an event with alcohol, you will need to complete and submit the following:
- You are required by law to have a Special Liquor license: Tasmania Government: (Fee: $58.40)
- Also UTAS Liquor Permit
- Responsible Services of Alcohol (RSA Certificates are required for any person serving alcohol) You are now able to do the course online, for more information: RSA online
- You must keep a register of the RSA’s for all of those people who will be serving alcohol during your event.
Depending on the type of event you are having and the number of people you are expecting Crowd Controllers may be required. You will be advised if they are required.
If your event involves food
You are required by law to register your event with the Launceston City Council:
- Launceston City Council Temp Food Stall (No fee involved)
- Council Guidelines for Temporary Food Stalls
- To comply with the guidelines the TUU does have a BBQ kit, including: Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, utensil and garbage bins. These are available for free to all clubs & societies.
All events on the Launceston Campus
You will need to complete a University Temporary Stall Permit
- The completed forms need to be submitted to the University Campus Services at least 7 days prior to the event or you may not be given consent to hold your event.
- Include copies of all your other permits (or application form in the case of the University liquor permit)
- You will also need to request garbage wheelie bins on this form.
- Copies of all relevant documents must be supplied to the Contact Centre before the event.
- Copies of permits must be displayed prominently at your event.
- The area must be left clean and all rubbish placed in the bins, all related signage and posters removed.