Making human connections
As a lot of organisations move away from human interaction in favour of apps and devices to provide information and services, the Advocacy Service at the TUU remains committed to engaging with students face-to-face to help and support all students.
As student advocates we value human connection and real interaction. Whether it’s in person or over the phone we are here to listen and hear about issues you may be facing. We can provide advice and support you through allegations of academic misconduct or general misconduct, appeals, and grievances against the University in informal or formal negotiations.
Our mission is to provide high quality advocacy and welfare services accessible to all UTAS students to achieve the best possible educational and well-being outcomes. We are always just a phone call away and we take walk-in appointments when we are available.
WHAT CAN A STUDENT ADVOCATE DO FOR YOU
Assisting and supporting students with:
- The University of Tasmania’s rules, ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Grievances against the University in informal or formal negotiations
- Explaining the University’s complaints process
- Accusations of academic or general misconduct
- Appealing penalties imposed by the University, including exclusion due to poor academic progress
- Review of Assessment, deferred exams and Special Consideration
- Appeal decisions made by the Fees, Compliance or Scholarships Office
- Applications for emergency financial assistance through the Safety Net Grant Scheme
- Financial Counselling referral
- Emergency food and hygiene supplies
- Accessing legal services, counselling and representation external to the University
OUR WELFARE SERVICE CAN PROVIDE
Sexual Health Items
Referrals to Health and Welfare Services
CONTACT A TUU STUDENT ADVOCATE
Phone: (03) 6226 2855 or (03) 6226 5573
Please feel free to contact us, we are available to help all distance students.
We can meet with students at satellite campuses if more convenient.
Contact us to arrange a time that suits.
CONFIDENTIALITY | IMPARTIALITY | INCLUSIVENESS | INTEGRITY | RESPECT