If you are planning to have a stall or event on university property, you will need to obtain a permit to do so. Depending on what type of stall / event you are having, you may need to complete several forms.
These pages are designed to streamline the application process and to ensure that your stall / event complies with all regulations.
Types of stall / event
Food stall / BBQ
Where food is involved, you will need to adhere to the TUU/ HCC Food handling guidelines. The TUU operates an annual food permit, that allows SRC and Clubs & Societies to operate bbqs and foods stalls on University property within the Hobart City boundaries.
As an authorised user of this permit, you must adhere to “Food Preparation and Handling Guidelines”
Follow the steps below
Step 1 – Food
- TUU / Hobart City Council Food Permit (within the Hobart City Council boundaries).
- Or Launceston City Council Temporary Food Business application. (You will need to scroll down the page) Download this form, complete and submit to the Launceston City Council.
Step 2 – Stall Permit
- Complete the University Temporary Stall application, attach your Food Permit
Barrel or other licensed event
When alcohol becomes involved, there are few more steps that have to be taken, in order to comply with both government regulations and University by-laws.
You will need to complete:
Step 1 – Food
- TUU Food Permit (within the Hobart City Council boundaries).
- Or Launceston City Council Temporary Food Business application. Download this form, complete and submit to the Launceston City Council.
Step 2 – Alcohol
- Commissioner for Licensing Special Liquor permit ( If you are SELLING or charging an ENTRY FEE)
- University Liquor permit
Step 3 – Stall Permit
- University Temporary Stall application, and attach your Food Permit.
No matter where or which campus, you will need to request a permit, go straight to