Please read the rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your form
Clubs and Societies Day will be held for TUU affiliated Sporting Clubs and Societies at Sandy Bay TUU Ref Steps/Car Park on Wednesday 26th February 2020 from 2:00 – 5:30pm.
A Department of Treasury & Finance Liquor Licence for the whole area will be completed by the TUU. Buses will be provided from French Street on a loop during the event (Details and times will be confirmed)
RULES FOR RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL FOR THIS EVENT:
These rules are a statutory requirement of the Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990.
– It is an offence to sell, serve, supply or allow the supply of alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 years. You personally could be fined up to $7,700 and the licencee could be fined $15,400. If you are unsure or doubtful you are obliged to ask for ID.
– It is an offence to sell, serve, supply or allow supply of alcohol to anyone who appears to be drunk. You personally could be fined up to $7,700. Licenced premises are private property; as an alcohol server you have the right to refuse service to anybody.
See the Treasury website below for a list of RSA training providers in Tasmania.
OTHER RULES REQUIRED BY TUU MANAGEMENT
1. Any persons serving alcohol on a stall must hold an RSA certificate and be wearing the authorised TUU wristband.
2. No glass is allowed – only cans and plastic.
3. No more than 2 alcoholic drinks per membership are to be given out.
4. REMEMBER 2 HANDS 2 CANS!
5. No closed drinks are to be served.
6. Under no circumstances are large signs/placards advertising alcohol to be displayed. There will be a zero tolerance policy on this.
7. Stall users must not serve alcohol before 3:30pm or after 5:30pm.
8. If your stall is serving food, local guidelines must be followed and an application made for a food stall certificate. Both are available online at https://tuu.com.au/clubs-societies/src-event-booking-check-list/step-2-southern-tasmania-temporary-food-permit-application/
9. If your stall is serving alcohol you must apply for a University Liquor Permit (at least 3 weeks before event) at https://tuu.com.au/clubs-societies/src-event-booking-check-list/application-for-a-university-liquor-permit/
NB. You DO NOT need to apply/pay for a liquor permit from the Treasury Department as we will have a blanket permit for the whole event.
10. If you require anything from the TUU Hire Store on the day, you will need to fill in a Hire Store booking form. This form needs to be filled in and emailed to James.Spencer@utas.edu.au & Debra.Nettlefold@utas.edu.au by 20th February 2020.
11. Ensure that all your stall’s rubbish is placed in the bags supplied/bins located against the fence in the TUU carpark (This includes cardboard cartons). Please leave your area tidy!
12. Stall users must clear area ASAP at 5:30pm. Please return all borrowed TUU equipment, including your trestle table to the TUU shed at the back of the car park.
There will be no warnings given. If you disobey any TUU rules or licencing requirements, your Club/Society will be required to stop serving and leave immediately.