- Your TUU has been working hard behind the scenes to get answers to your questions about how UTAS is responding to the coronavirus situation
- We are hearing your questions, and we are adding them to a daily update to UTAS
- We are asking for UTAS to answer these questions, and communicate them with you
- The TUU will continue to seek feedback from the student body and offer support through representing student sentiment and queries to UTAS, and provision of advocacy services
If you have questions about how either COVID-19, or the recently announced University course restructure will affect you now and in the future, please email TUU President Braydon at email@example.com or send a DM to our Facebook or Instagram accounts.
If you need advocacy or representation, please request an appointment with a TUU Student Advocate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (03) 6226 2855
If you are experiencing financial hardship and wish to apply for the current COVID-19 Fast Track Safety Net please visit the FAST TRACK Safety Net Grant Scheme 2020 page here.
Key Messages from UTAS
The University of Tasmania has set up a dedicated information page for students.
We are here to support you
- If you are unsure of how these changes will affect you, wait until you hear from your lecturer. If you haven’t heard from your lecturer, assume your class is on as normal for now. If you go to a lecture and it has been cancelled without your knowledge, contact your lecturer, your unit coordinator, and let us know by emailing Braydon at email@example.com and Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you experience technical issues accessing online content, contact the Service Desk by calling (03) 6226 2600 or online www.utas.edu.au/service-desk
- If you feel like you need additional support, or responses from university staff aren’t adequate, request an appointment with a Student Advocate by emailing email@example.com or calling (03) 6226 2855
See our Resource and Information list for additional support
Following a Statewide staff consultation we have made the decision to deny access to our TUU spaces around Tasmania until further notice.
This has been decided based upon official recommendations. We will be displaying signage around this at the entrances to our TUU spaces.
In order to comply with the current guidelines, our staff are implementing working from home arrangements. We will update you as soon as we are able to reopen our spaces to students once again.