Official Tasmanian Government Site
UTAS resources and updates
Your TUU Support
Questions about health
- Health Direct: 1800 022 222
- Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080 (if you need an interpreter or translator call 131 450)
- If you think you might have COVID-19 because of recent travel or contact with a confirmed case, phone the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline, 1800 671 738.
For travel information
- https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19 (Relevant to Australian citizens only)
- https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/current-alerts/novel-coronavirus (Includes important updates for International students)
For study support/ Learning Action Plans
- Access Studiosity in MyLO
- Book into a virtual workshop, or get personal assistance from a student learning advisor or librarian at the Appointment Hub
Mental health and wellbeing support
- Book to see a counsellor at the Appointment Hub
- For urgent support out of hours call the Crisis Support Service on 1300 511 709 or text 0488 884 168
- Lifeline: Call 13 11 14 or see other options here https://www.lifeline.org.au/about-lifeline/contact-us
Bullying, harassment and assault
- If you are a student that has endured bullying, harassment or assault from another UTAS student, you can contact the Safe and Fair Community Unit (SaFCU) at SaFCU@utas.edu.au or 6226 2560
- If you are a student that has endured bullying, harassment or assault from a member of the general public, you can contact the Tasmanian Police at 000 for emergencies, or 131 444 for non-emergencies.
For broader information and discussion, the following sources are reputable:
COVID-19 Rent Relief Scheme
The Tasmanian Government has established the COVID-19 Rent Relief to provide rent relief payments of up to $2000 to support Tasmanians experiencing rental hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The scheme starts from Monday 25 May 2020 and is available until 30 September 2020. See below for a Fact Sheet with more information.