Societies Awards 2017
Published 4 weeks ago
Nominations close this Friday!
The Tasmania University Union Societies Awards celebrate and showcase the outstanding contribution that student societies make to your uni life. The Awards recognise and encourage students who demonstrate the commitment required to run a successful society.
- 1 September: Nominations Open
- 22 September: Nominations Close
- 23-29 September: Judging
- 18 October: TUU Societies Awards Night
- Constituent Society of the Year
- Cultural Society of the Year
- Interest Based Society of the Year
- Community Based Society of the Year
- Academic Award
- Environmental Award
- Best Promotional Material
- Best Collaboration
- Most Improved Society
- Gold Awards
- Achievement of the Year
- Best New Society
- Society of the Year (<100 members)
- Society of the Year (>100 members)
Entry & Judging
Societies will be asked to complete an online nomination form, providing details of against the awards criteria. Examples of things to mention or include in the awards submission will be provided on the nomination form. Societies may enter only one (1) category in Section A, and any number of categories in Section B.
Each Society may nominate a maximum of two (2) individual committee members for a Gold Award. There will be approximately 10 Gold Awards, though the final number will be determined at the judges’ discretion.
A judging panel will assess societies’ submissions against the awards criteria to determine the category winners and any runner-ups. All nominees from Sections A and B will automatically be considered for the categories 11-14 (Major Awards). The decisions of the judging panel shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Awards Judging Panel shall consist of:
- President and Executive of the TUU Societies Council
- TUU Sports & Societies Officer
- Two University of Tasmania Graduates who have previously held a Societies Executive position. Their term on the judging panel shall be for one year.
You can find the nomination form here.